Kes didn't really feel the need to answer the query about his time; after all, he was a man who - in this moment - wanted to simply be away from his normal day's activities. There were only so many angry calls and impatient growlings sent his way that he was willing to endure before simply choosing to vacate his office. It'd been a conscious decision, made with the sort of finality a man has for the gravest of choices in his life.

And perhaps venturing to six was a partial excuse for escape, but he figured that it was viable enough. After all, when all one had to go off of were reports and word of mouth, sometimes an actual good look was necessary. He knew that six would be down for the count for a long while, but curiosity and a desire to be away from the madness of angry pilots was a strong one. It was necessary. It was vital. It was a trip that would hopefully give him time to salvage what was left of his patience and sanity.

In the end, and owing to the fact that they were in private, he opted to answer the question posed to him. Kes rolled his shoulders before looking sideways to the Nehantite.

"Honestly?" a tired sigh as his eyes went back to looking ahead.

"... I would like to avoid going back to the command hub for as long as possible, and if all I can get is two hours, then I'll take it."