In a time of hard work and endless factors of frustration, the simple joy of gliding a personnel cart across a freshly polished docking bay floor forced Anauri's grin from ear to ear. The docking bay itself was finished, with all remaining work being done inside the domed "lobby," so the farther the pair rode into the bay, the quieter their surroundings became until an eerie silence fell over them, broken only by the staccato whine of the small carrier's anti-grav engine being slowed to a stop a few meters from the force field separating them from the vacuum of space beyond.

The thud of Anauri's boots echoed through the massive docking bay as he eagerly stepped free of the small hover-carrier, and he wasted little time stepping up to the very edge of the docking bay, close enough to feel the static electricity of the force field tickling his nose as he stared out at the sprawling canvas of stars beyond, as if they were diamonds strewn across a sheet of black velvet. And there he stood, marveling at the view, tail swaying slowly behind himself, brushing idly against the floor in a sweep of content satisfaction.

"I still remember my first look at a starfield," he announced. "I was sixteen, and it was through a plate of polymer glass, not even transparisteel; a tiny portal window on the ship which took me from Nehantish to the orbital shipyards. It was blurry, and scratches in the surface made the vision hazy, but I knew in that moment it was what I wanted to see all the days of my life. Later that day I got to see it through a big picture window on the main orbital platform. Sure, the stars are in different places now, but the feeling hasn't changed. This must be how Garfife sees the universe and all of creation."